Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butterflies

Hi there.

You guys know a proper workflow to avoid noise and butterflies on the environment fog from Vray Light Mtl. Even if I crank up all the subd, in Env fog, Light Material and in render settings I still get butterflies.

Check pic.

Thanks!

Maya 2018, Vray 3.6

There's something else in the image you didn't mention, looks like some letters and transparency, please add more details or scene file.
    https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

No problem. Please check scene attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

I made a simple test scene. Using Light Mesh and VraylightMat. Same thing. I crank up samples but they really don't have a general effect in the noise of the vol.

Any ideas ? I can always use DeNoiser in Nuke at comp time. But, the result of Vray is super dirty.

Sincerely,

Alvaro
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I successfully reproduce this problem here and logged as VMAYA-7978, you can refer to this tracking number in the future to get updates on our progress. Will try to find some workaround and inform you, until the problem be solved.
          Georgy Chakarov | QA
          www.chaosgroup.com
          georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I found workaround if you still need it. In Hypershade create a VrayUserColor node and set the color to black, then connect it to "emission" attribute of the VrayEnvironmentFog. This will clear all the light artefacts around the vraylightmesh and objects with light materials, but will slow the render time significantly. To reduce the rendertime and get a good quality, you need to change the "Step size" parameter of the environmentfog. I find that the step size = 2 is good time/quality ratio for your test scene. But in scenes with very different environmentfog setup, you may need to try several values for that parameter to get the best result.
            Georgy Chakarov | QA
            www.chaosgroup.com
            georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
            X