Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solution for ID matte or cryptomatte forTexture map's colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution for ID matte or cryptomatte forTexture map's colors?

Hey everyone,
    I'm render out products with labels in Maya/Vray and compositing in Nuke. I'm looking for a good solution so if I want to adjust just some colored text or just a logo on my product label, I can select it in Nuke and apply color adjustments (not to the whole label, but just a word or logo). Currently we are making masks in Photoshop and rendering out RGB type mattes to use in Nuke. I'm sure there's a faster/better solution. Any suggestions? I know there are the cryptomattes and material ID mattes, but how about for texture maps?

Thanks

If you render out a .vrimg and load it up in the viewer you can use the render region or plugin your new texture map to the Render mask texture slot to only render the new updated texture map.
    Maybe not quite what you want but i dont know a way of changing just a part of a texture map!!
    Last edited by stezza; 24-07-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I can't really think of a general way to do this that covers all possible cases, but for the case where your logo is in a layered shader such as the blendMtl, you can mask out only the material holding the logo texture (given it's also opacity mapped and/or coat-mapped in the blend) with a material select render element.
      Here's an example. It's not a matte mask, though, it just gives you the textured material as a separate channel, but you can then squash it down to a matte in nuke.
      Your case could be different, though. This is just an example I thought of.

textureMask.zip
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X