VrayMetaball in VRay Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayMetaball in VRay Next

Can anyone confirm if VrayMetaball in Maya Next works?

Dont know if I'm setting this up correctly.

1. Create a particle emitter.
    2. Select particles then add the VrayMetaball, and render.

No Metaballs in render.

Is that the correct work flow?

Thanks

I got a basic setup working, unfortunately I had to use Teamviewer to login to my HomePc to try it with VRayNExt so I can't share a quick screenshot or scene.

But I guess what you are missing here is adding the particle system to the right MetaballSet. Select your Metaball Node in the Outline and under "Particles"-> Click "Edit Particle Systems" and a Relationship-Editor opens where you should select your ParticleSystem and then "vrayMetaballPartSysP_set". Additionaly you want to active the Preview in your MetabalNode so you see it directly in Viewport

Kind Regards
    Pirmin

Comment

What vfx_film_televsion said

Make sure to add the particleShape node to the P_Set. There's two sets, actually - a P (for Positive) and N (Negative). The particles in the P set will add to the metaball surface, the ones in the N set will 'substract' from its volume.

Also - it's sometimes useful to see the viewport preview. There might be cases where your settings won't produce a metaball mesh - for example if your particle radius is too small.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Great help many thanks, I forgot about this thread and just found it again after not getting it to work..works now.!
        cheers

Comment

Working...
        X