Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substance to Maya workflow

Hello,
    I wanted to ask if there is a better way to connect substance maps and set the sRGB / Linear values (vray tribute) for each map manually.

Thnx
    Martin

In particular, I would be interested in how to automate the setting of the "Texture Input Gamma" (sRGB, Linear)

Comment

You can use this python script. Changes the color space of the selected file nodes to sRGB. Change "sRGB" in the code to "linear" to reverse it.

Code:
      import pymel.core as pm

for obj in pm.selected(type='file'):
          obj.colorSpace.set('sRGB')
      __
      https://surfaceimperfections.com/

Comment

there are name based rules in the maya prefs for color settings. just name the tetuxures to your liking.
        https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
        Ryzen 5950, Geforce 3060, 128GB ram

Comment

I would go with the maya color management rules too - they are easy to set up and very flexible.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Hello,

thnx for you advise, I am getting into the Color Management set-up workflow, and it works pretty well for me, besides the for node.
            here are my settings.
            I will also attach the scene file, maps and my Maya Color Management Settings (xml)

Diffuse & Reflection:
            Gamma 2.2 Rec 709

Glossiness, Normal, (IOR):
            RAW

How do I deal the IOR Node, for it uses the Alpha connection and the Color Space dropdown is greyed out.
            Checking the "Alpha is Luminance" doesn't do the trick.
            Or is this the only Node I still have to apply the Vray attribute.
            This would be annoying.

Still this workflow is way to complicated to be userfriendly.
            For me and our Studio it is ok to work with a preloaded Color Management Preference,
            but how do you want to explain this to a newcomer?

I am teaching Vray at a college, and this is the most un-intuitive part of the whole rendering story.
            Substance & Vray are industry standards, how come there is no user friendly connection for this basic workflow.
            Perhaps because none of the three players (Maya, Substance, RenderEngine) feel obliged to come up with a solution.

Thnx
            Martin
            Attached Files

Comment

https://gumroad.com/l/fTRFN
              does anyone use this solution?

Comment

The render looks mostly fine in Maya. The only part I'm not sure about is the IOR map, as it's producing values way below 1. What are the values in substance? Also - can you post an image so we can see how it's supposed to look like in substance?
                Alex Yolov
                Product Manager
                V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                X