Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray Scene Node Override Snippet Example?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Scene Node Override Snippet Example?

Hi,

I am trying to gain a better understanding of how to use the Override Snippets in our workflow here. Would it be possible to get an example snippet which would look at a specific shader from inside the vrscene file and override that shader with one from the Maya Scene?

Example,

override 'shader1' from the vrscene file with 'carpaint' from the Maya scene?

Thanks in advance

Ok so I have learnt that I can achieve something similar by using the 'From File' feature and having a separate vrscene file containing the shaders.

I would still be interested in learning if it is possible to override shaders in the vrscene file with shaders from the maya scene.

Thanks

Comment

For now, this should be possible with the post-translate exportMaterial method and with the snippet override (it was discussed in another thread).
      In theory, applying a material from the Maya scene to the vrscene node could be used instead of the post-translate, but as I'm not in front of Maya right now, I won't be able to test it until next week.

Btw, if you give me specific examples on what you need to do, I can get you some sample snippets and some example scenes.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X