Cryptomattes and Light Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptomattes and Light Materials

Unless I'm missing something, there seems to be some weirdness with cryptomattes and objects with a light material applied. Neither a node type nor a material type cryptomatte will create the expected result, and although it's possible to select these objects in either type of cryptomatte (although they show as black), they are combined into a single selection regardless of hierarchical relationship in the scene. I know there was previously similar problems with multimattes and objects with light materials selected, but wasn't expecting to see this continued into cryptomatte implementation. Is this a known bug, or if it's intended behavior what is the thinking behind it? I can't see any usefulness about this at all, and in particular obviously elements that are light emitting in a scene are more likely than average to need isolation in post making this rather a nuisance.
    Last edited by SonyBoy; 12-03-2019, 02:33 PM.

Any chance to send us some example scenes and compositions for investigation?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

You seem to have a 10Mb file size limit on attachments...? This is too small for me to be able to upload anything.

Comment

You can upload files to file sharing solutions like Gdrive / Dropbox etc. and send us a download link or we could provide access to our FTP server to upload files there.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X