Vray Section Clipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Section Clipper

First let me just say that I love this feature. Being able to create cutaway product renders with this technique is a lifesaver. I did have one question. When I create the Vray Clipper I know that I can assign a VrayMtl to the clipping plane to identify the parts that are being cut away. The issue that I am having is that when I assign the vraymtl with a texture plugged into the color slot it crashes my Maya scene.

Does the Vray Clipper only support solid shaders or can we textures with the vraymtl without crashing your scene?

Hm, it should not crash. Let me see if I can reproduce this here.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Do you think you can post a scene about this or send it to support@chaosgroup.com ? This seems to work fine for me on a simple test.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Attached Files
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Cool Vlado Will do Man. As soon as I get home from this trip I will upload so you can see what I am talking about. Appreciate the reply.

Comment

Here is the scene that I am having issues with. When I double click to open the scene it crashes so the only way that I can make it open is by importing it. After that, when I add the texture to the Vray clipper and hit render, Maya crashes without warning. Any ideas?

Sorry had to do a we transfer. File includes textures and scenes.

https://we.tl/t-Y2Sm4ahXxG

Comment

Thanks for the report and the scene. The crash seems to happen only when the textured view is enabled (6 on the keyboard).
            I'll log a crash report for the developers. In the meantime, the only workaround I can suggest is to use a shaded preview without texture if possible (5 on the keyboard).
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Vlado,

You are the man brosef. This should work buddy.

Comment

Working...
              X