Colour in alpha channels multi channel exr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour in alpha channels multi channel exr

Hey when I have colour in my alpha channel, using fog, I cant get this information to save in the multichannel exr, just greyscale. If I save out single channel I get all this info
    is this possile ideally without a separate image file.
    I want to use the inerted alpha to multiply over backplate to apply the correct colour to the fog to the comp build.
    Thanks

At this point, it is not possible to get the Color Alpha in a multichannel exr.
    Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
    Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Ahhh great to get this implemented as it would be really handy for producing accurate beauty builds in comp.
      Is there a way in maya to create an alpha via extra tex or something similar? Thus allowing us to write it into a 3 channel exr layer?

Comment

You could try adding a Custom Color render element with the Alias set to "2". This would give you the extra alpha channel. Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-07-08_17-54-24.png Views:	3 Size:	141.4 KB ID:	1042148

Comment

excellent! works perfectly! Is there any info on what the other alias channel numbers relate to?

Comment

The Alias can also be used to reference other render elements through their Vray Alias [vrayRE] attribute (found in Extra Attributes rollout; not the cleaner Extra VRay Attributes rollout). Unfortunately, we don't have an official list with all the alias corresponding values.

Here are some examples:
            GI render element = 108
            MaterialID = 115

Attached Files

Comment

Has this all changed in vray 5? i cant get the alpha with the custom color anymore

Comment

We managed to reproduce this and it seems that this is a bug(VMAYA-10090). I will write here when we have any news or progress on this one.

Comment

Working...
                X