Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI is part of SSS render element for Alsurface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI is part of SSS render element for Alsurface?

Hi, it's probably discussed elsewhere in the forum but I couldn't track down the thread.

When rendering with VRayAlsurface with its sss mix set to 1, I notice the GI render element is pretty much pitch black. If I gradually set the sss mix back to 0, the GI start appearing in the render element.
    Can someone confirm it's true that, when sss mix is set to 1, the GI is considered part of SSS render elements for VRayAlsurface? Or if I miss something.
    always curious...

The 'SSS Mix' parameter controls the mixing between the diffuse and SSS components of the VRayAlSurfaceMtl. The information from the diffuse and SSS components go to the GI and SSS passes respectively, hence setting the 'SSS Mix' to 1 means that the VRayAlSurfaceMtl would be completely sub-surface scattering and the data will be separated in the SSS render element.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Alekasandar. If I under your reply correctly, when the sss mix is set to 1, since there is no diffuse component, hence no information goes to the GI render element.
      I don't quite understand your last sentence "the data will be separated in the SSS render element". Would you mind explaining a bit further on that?
      always curious...

Comment

You understood me correctly. I meant that if the SSS Mix is set to 1, the info would go to the SSS render element.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Cool. Thanks!
          always curious...

Comment

Working...
          X