VRay 5 material library available for Maya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 5 material library available for Maya

Is the material library that comes with Vray 5 for Max also available for maya ?

Currently, no. However, there are plans for its implementation.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      I assume these are just a collection of vray materials? Would it be possible to make these available? We made a script that can convert max vray materials (and models) to maya vray.

Comment

whats the convertor script you've made if you dont mind me asking?
        e: info@adriandenne.com
        w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

I do not mind you asking.

Since we make architectural visuals we make use of a lot of libraries like Evermotion, Design Connected and Maxtree. We work in Maya with Vray. but most libraries are in Max with Vray.
          So we made a pipeline to convert models in Max VRay to Maya Vray. It does not use vrayscene but it completely rebuild the materials.

Comment

can i have it

Im totally in the same boat, gets really tedious having to convert them all, especially the trees..
            e: info@adriandenne.com
            w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

If you have 3ds Max you can use the library freely. If you don't have a V-Ray for 3ds max build, download one.
              Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by francomanko View Post
                can i have it

Im totally in the same boat, gets really tedious having to convert them all, especially the trees..
                I saw that question coming
                I cannot give it to you unfortunetely. It took us so much time to create this. We are talking to some companies to convert their 3D models to Maya with our script.
                We are also thinking of setting up a online service where you can convert models.

Comment

Hi,
                  There seems to be about a trillion 3d assets/material bundles for Vray and 3ds Max and zero for Vray Maya? (If there is any decent Vray for Maya material collection at all less than ten years old please let me know ).
                  So the convertor script sounds very interesting, Ivo!
                  Last edited by fasterG; 20-08-2020, 03:05 AM.

Comment

When working with Maya this is really frustrating. So many libraries, but mostly not for Maya.
                    Soon i will post a new thread on this forum to see if more people are interested.

Comment

Hey Ivo,
                      any commercial access to your script would be very interesting.
                      Can it translate Max shader nodes as well?
                      Florian von Behr
                      CG Supervisor
                      The Scope GmbH
                      Behance

Comment

Originally posted by TheScope View Post
                        Hey Ivo,
                        any commercial access to your script would be very interesting.
                        Can it translate Max shader nodes as well?
                        We are working on it. Hope to get back soon.
                        The pipeline can translate max shader nodes. SOme allready will be translated. We now did the most common used in the main libraries

Comment

Being another rare Maya user in arch viz I would absolutely be interested in a commercial version of this as well. Nothing worse than downloading a model and having to remap all the textures, especially when they're complex Slate networks.

Comment

I made a new topic here: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...y-to-maya-vray
                            Could you please leave a reaction if you are interested?
                            Tnx!

Comment

Here, too, I’m asking, please make the material library for Maya available.

I’m not understanding, why 3dsMax needed this library at first because there are already billions of assets.

Where makes it more sense than in Maya?!

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X