Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 Maya portal light

Hi, just a simple question.
    The portal light are not implemented anymore in vray 5 for maya but still present in 3ds (in the guide are still present). If we have a very dark scene with a low contribution from outside, they will help a lot to give a less noisy result in less time. Why are they been removed?
    Anyone knows?
    Thank you

Seriously? Damnit, I had a scene with just sun and vray sky and usage of portals helped me a lot to bring more light from outside + it curtains with 2sided material receive a really nice boost in illumination...
    My Artstation
    Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
    Sun Tsu

Comment

We removed the portal lights, because the Adaptive Dome Light is doing a far better job at this, both at sampling and lighting the scene far more efficiently.
      If you still have an old scene with portal lights, they will render in V-Ray 5 and there's a migration tool built-in to transfer the setup to a V-Ray 5 compatible setup.
      Ideally, the Adaptive Dome Light should take care of the lighting, and pushing in extra lighting can instead be done by adding an invisible light.

I hope this helps.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X