Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is subdividing some (but not all) objects in proxy possible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is subdividing some (but not all) objects in proxy possible ?

I have a vray proxy (new v5 one) and I'm loading an alembic file through it. I would like to apply a subdivision to a few of the objects in the hierarchy but not all. Is there some secret way of doing this ? Obviously subdividing the whole proxy works but objects that are not modeled as subdivision surfaces are messed up.

You may try cloning the VRayProxy and disable the visibility of all objects (VRayProxy>Object Hierarchy> Eye icon) other than the one you wish to subdivide (and disable the visibility of that particular object in the original proxy). This way you would have separate VRayProxies for each object in need of subdivision.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Will try this as a workaround, would be nice to have the ability to subdivide objects ala carte, kind of like the eye icon but for subdivision.

On another note, can the advanced texture overwrites/regex slots be externalized ? The old proxy could use an .xml file and I have used that functionality to grab shaders from another v-ray scene file, has the format and what the .xml file can do been updated in the vray 5 version of the proxy object ? It would be very useful to store the regex "rules" in an external file for easy propagation among multiple scenes and also generating material attachments using a script.

Comment

The material assignment file slot is still available. Check this documentation page to set up the loading of old .xml files.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X