Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VFB – how to save same output with layers as a still, in animation sequence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB – how to save same output with layers as a still, in animation sequence.

Hi Guys,

I am using the VFB to do some basic colour correction and tone mapping. I like the result. Saves fine manually out of the VFB for a still.
    Is there a way to get that same output for animation sequence? Currently when I render Maya sequence, I get frames without any VFB layers applied.

Thanks.

VFB's color corrections should be applied regardless of whether you're rendering animation or still images. Does this happen on a freshly created scene? If not, could you attach a simplified version of the scene here or send it via the contact form so we can take a look. Mention this thread in the message.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Aleksandar.

Tried fresh scene, same issue. I have sent file via contact form. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the provided scene. There doesn't seem to be an issue on my end when comparing images from the VFB and the sequence output. If you're saving multi-channel images, however, you need to activate the "Save Color Corrections to Raw files" checkbox (Render settings>Image File output> Image file options). From the provided screencaps, it looks like a gamma application difference. Try setting the Rendering color space (Render settings>V-Ray>Rendering color space) to sRGB and see if that makes any difference.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Aleksandar.

I’ve done some more testing. It was because I was launching the render sequence via Maya Render>Render Sequence. You have to switch vray settings to animation, then render from the VFB render button to get it to work.

Cheers,
          Mark.
          Last edited by MarkWalker; 12-01-2021, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X