IPR and production disparity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR and production disparity

Just curious, but i get that by increasing the GI depth etc will get the IPR closer, render wise, to the production settings, but it seems a bit odd that there are differences at all? Is this something that is going to be addressed at some point, so at the least you know the lighting wont change when using it?
    Last edited by francomanko; 17-01-2021, 12:53 AM.
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Do post an example illustrating the differences.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

now its my turn to wonder if you are being sarcastic

So as i said before I was just curious but previous forum posts have mentioned the need to increase the GI depth settings etc to get the IPR closer to the bucket render, so presumably there is a difference, subtle though it may be..or did I misunderstand?

Either way I know it is a subtle difference, but the only reason i posted the question was during a job, i noticed some difference in the bucket render that made me panic... (client didnt notice)

First image is IPR with trace depth of 10 and GI of 16. Second is bucket mode. Scene is attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ipr.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	1100256Click image for larger version

Name:	bucket.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	1100257
      Attached Files

Comment

The discrepancy stems from the differences in GI solution for IPR and Production. At this point, IPR utilizes Brute Force/Brute Force in V-Ray GPU. IPR Light Cache in V-Ray GPU is something long requested and its implementation is in motion as we speak.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

nice, thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X