cryptomatte user id via vray proxy not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cryptomatte user id via vray proxy not working

I made a v-ray user ID on my objects that i'm exporting out of maya through the alembic exporter. When I bring those alemics in via a maya reference and set my cryptomatte to use the v-ray user attribute, all is fine. The same alembic data loaded via v-ray proxy (vray 5, new proxy) is not presenting the user attribute to the cryptomatte AOV. Do the v-ray proxies don't support reading custom attributes from alembic files ? The data is clearly in the alembic file as maya's own reference system can see it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	proxy_issue.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1100381
    Last edited by cgdom; 26-01-2021, 11:41 AM.

Thanks for the report. The issue is currently a limitation; the user attributes from imported alembics are read as a single object in VRayProxies. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-10150) for developer analysis. As a workaround, you may try using the "Sub object name" Crytomatte id type, which gives a separate color for each object in the VRayProxy. Another solution that I thought of may be the use of the Object Hierarchy in the VRayProxy options; you may group objects by their user attributes prior to export and afterward separate a specific group via the Object Hierarchy visibility options and set a new user attribute to that particular group loaded in the proxy node (this would mean loading a VRayProxy for each group).
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X