Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to keep VrayMayaSpawner open (distributed rendering)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to keep VrayMayaSpawner open (distributed rendering)

Hi all, I haven't been here in a while, we are totally loaded with work since last few months (which is good, but I miss this forum ). I hope you are all doing well guys.

I have a quick question, how can I run vrayspawner window to see exactly what is happening on the slave machine during the distributed rendering. I noticed that on some machines the window stays open and on some opening VRay Slave just makes it pop for a nanosecond and dissapears.

Thanks in advance
    My Artstation
    Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
    Sun Tsu

Most likely some of your slaves have the VRayMayaSpawner started as a service.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.hadzhiev View Post
      Most likely some of your slaves have the VRayMayaSpawner started as a service.
      Can you clarify? Does this mean if you have it installed as a service to auto start, the spawner window does not stay open?

Comment

Yes, there is no cmd window when the spawner is started as a service. You can unregister the server with the start menu shortcut (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\V-Ray 5 for Maya 2019).
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you hermit.crab , I indeed registered most of them as slaves, I wish there is an option to see that spawner window nonetheless but I can live with that. At least you assured me that there is nothing wrong with the maya spawner window not opening. Thanks
          My Artstation
          Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
          Sun Tsu

Comment

Working...
          X