Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to register V-Ray render slave as a service AFTER V-Ray installation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to register V-Ray render slave as a service AFTER V-Ray installation.

As in the tittle, I forgot to tick the "Register render slave as a service" during the installation and I am trying to do it afterwards, but simply running that tool does nothing, not even a window popup or anything. Do I need to run it via command line?
    Thanks,
    Karol
    My Artstation
    Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
    Sun Tsu

There isn't any popup feedback from the tool. Check for "VRayMayaSpawner 20XX" in the Services tab of the Windows Task Manager, if it is there the service has been successfully registered.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

There isn't.
      My Artstation
      Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
      Sun Tsu

Comment

Hello,

You can register the V-Ray spawner as service after the installation using the following commands:

Open the Command prompt/terminal and use this syntax "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya ####\vrayspawner####.exe" -service -quiet
        Add parameters "-username=..." and "-password=..." (without the quotes) to the command line - this will try to use the supplied username/pass to register the service.
        Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
        support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi nikolay.simeonov . I am facing the same problem as before but with MAC OS. I think after some V-Ray update the option to register as a slave was removed from the installation process. I also can't find Register Render Server as a Slave on MAC OS, also vrayspawner.exe is missing.
          I've tried to run the same command via terminal but using both vrayserver and vray.exe but no luck. All it does it opens vray exe but I don't wanna do it every time I restart the machine.-
          My Artstation
          Sun Tsu

Comment

Please run the following command in the terminal window in order to register your vrayslave as a service:
            /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Maya2022/bin/registerVRayServerDaemon
            If you need to unregister it, please use the following command:
            /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Maya2022/bin/unregisterVRayServerDaemon

If you need to start it, please run the following:
            /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Maya2022/bin/startVRayServerDaemon
            In case you need to stop it:
            /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Maya2022/bin/stopVRayServerDaemon

The above example is for Maya2022, in case your Maya version is different, please change the numbers.
            Let me know if that worked for you.
            Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
            support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

I am a 3D artist with limited technical skills. I have 10 computers for my render farm. I had everything running just fine with V-ray Next and then I upgraded to Vray 5. Now I can only render with my main computer. I can not get the render nodes to show up. I uninstalled all the previous versions of Vray and re-installed everything clean with V-ray 5. I Still can't get the other computers to fire up. I think it might be a similar issue in the fact that I never got the option to register the render nodes when I installed the V-ray standalone, and I don't see any other tools or applications to register the render nodes. I saw in the installation instructions on the Chaos site that there is supposed to be an application called "Register V-Ray render Server as a service" I can not find this anywhere. Is there a way to get this?

Comment

Right, this option is sadly missing since few installations, and I still find it tricky to manage to run a service correctly in the background, especially on the MAC OS. The easiest way to do it is on Windows is to run VRay Server (used to be called VRay Slave), just search for it in the windows search bar, and leave it open.
                My Artstation
                Sun Tsu

Comment

Working...
                X