Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vray Material Library Browser - own Materials ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vray Material Library Browser - own Materials ?

Hi there,

is it possible to add my own shaders to the library ?

Thanks,
    Andy

Currently, no. In V-Ray for 3ds Max, there is a custom tool implemented precisely for this. We'll consider a similar implementation in V-Ray for Maya.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Not a bad idea at all if we can one day customize it with our extra shaders.
      Thanks.
      https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

Great !!

Yes the Browser material are in WIP I hope that I can will add my own shaders to the library too!

Carlos Alvarez Velazquez

Tutorials about VRay for Maya:
        https://youtube.com/CarlosAlvarezVelazquez

Comment

Same here, would be lovely to have your own materials inside it.
          My Artstation
          Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
          Sun Tsu

Comment

I haven't seen the new material library yet but I would +1 for the ability to store user shaders. This has been a feature lacking in Maya in general since its release in the late 1990s, really kind of a joke by now so if Chaos can step up and at least take care of Vray users that would be great. There was a tool called Sunday Warehouse or something similar around a few years ago that had some great functionality -- the ability to organize shaders by type in folders as well as thumbnail previews being among them. I think it stopped being developed, but that was a good start.

Comment

There are two scripts that do something similar. SLIB -> website disappear (gone) and zooTools that does not support v-ray.
              Would be great to see this implementation in Maya.

I would love to see If anyone know any more plugins or scripts that do a similar function.(create own library of materials)

Comment

I used the SLIB for Maya for a while, I really enjoyed the UI and easy of use. Sending object for a direct render to create a miniature was really neat. I would love to have enough time to learn Python and write something simpler myself.
                My Artstation
                Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
                Sun Tsu

Comment

Working...
                X