Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray proxies, materials and assignment files.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray proxies, materials and assignment files.

I just wanted to check, but looking at the docs, the issue where you have to create material assignment files, and link a vrscene to a proxy file using xml files...seems bizarrely complicated. I guess its for more complicated uses, where it comes into its own.

When i create a proxy, for example of a Tree mesh, I create the proxy, which has assigned materials in the maya scene...then export that proxy object as a maya file. So when i come to use it, i import that instead of using the vrayimport proxy option.

Then I just create instances of that in the scene etc...materials are already assigned, no need to create any xml files etc.

Does this way of doing it negate the point of a proxy in any way? Or am I missing something?

e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

The functionality has a different purpose. The material assignment override is used for overriding particular shaders of objects in a VRayProxy (method varies between .vrmeshes and alembics) with ones, held in a .vrscene file. The .xml sets the rules, while the .vrscene holds the shader info. Check this thread's discussion about the matter for more information.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X