Material Library question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material Library question

Greetings fellow 3D Modellers and Renderers!

This is my first time posting here, and I am glad I have picked Maya and Vray to learn on (this is also my first month of it haha). Since I am coming from with an architectural and interior design background, I wanted to ask if it's possible to expand the list/get more materials in the Material Library window?
    Sometimes the design gets you nitpicking the materials for hours and the basic Vray Material Library doesn't have too much to offer! I have discovered that you can just make pretty much any material via the Hypershade toolkit, but it is way easier for me to just look and choose the materials from the Library, than to mess with the nodes and material/maps import every time I wanted to add a new texture.

Is it possible to somehow just get more materials in the Materials root directory so more of them show within the Material Library in Maya?

Thank you so much in advance and have a wonderful and creative day,
    Andrej!

Refer to this post here.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I see, thanks for the link Hermit! Let's hope Vray does add that functionality in the future, similar to what they have over for 3ds Max.

Comment

Working...
      X