VRAY 5 slow interior renders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY 5 slow interior renders

Hi guys i am working on a project that i am having incredible slow render times for interiors. When i use hdri with adptative dome my renders ar looking insanely noisy.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Hello / Hola Gustavo !!

Well if your will upload the full scene and put here the link I can check it for found the error in your scene or if it’s a bug.

Regards and hugs
    Carlos Alvarez Velazquez

Tutorials about VRay for Maya:
    https://youtube.com/CarlosAlvarezVelazquez

Comment

How could anyone know without looking at the scene.
      https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

The final scene is quite huge! So i will send a section of the scene.

Just for this simple scene i am getting 3 minutes for each render.

https://we.tl/t-HQQOQPWhW5

By the way i rendered again with same settings in vray next and my render was half of the time 1:30
        Last edited by gustavo_ribeiro; 29-10-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Hello Gustabo

This is my opinión wait to the support of one members of Chaos. It may be a mistake that I do not rule out.... But think that the workflows that were used since VRay 3. or VRay 4 Next are no longer the same as with VRay 5.

I'm just going to analyze your scene, since with VRay 5 a good workflow is optimizing the shaders and lighting scheme..

I see that the materials of the chair and the towel or blanket are too complex for the result you have -Image 01 and 02-. For example, the towel has reflections that with such intense and near light you will unnecessarily increase render times.

Why you have 6 Rectangle Lights for one simple Room ? and 3 lights with the parameters directionally to max ??? Do you really need this? -Image 03-

I make a new sistem lighting with 1 Dome + Adaptive 1 RectLight for the ceiling 1 RectLigh similar to your strong light so I have reduced render times to almost 50% and if I turn off the strong light to 80%... -Image 04- Check in history the renders time. Image 3 is your scene and 2 and 1 with my changes.

I think that if you reduce the reflections in the materials a bit, you improve the render times. And you could keep your lighting scheme if it's artistically important

For the materials, a tip to optimize it is to do a baking so that you have the right textures and thus you can eliminate many nodes and complex connections in the material, reducing it to 3 maps for example

I only try to help you !!!! Ah change the in the tab Settings > Default displacement and subdivision > Max Subdivs to 24 for example this is only a tip hehe

I am very sorry for the amount of text hehe, but this is just my opinion does not mean that I am right, another artist can provide a better solution or another workflow to achieve the same result in less time.

Huggsss and Cheers

Click image for larger version

Name:	01-Chair.JPG
Views:	444
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	1128763Click image for larger version

Name:	02-Towel.JPG
Views:	402
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	1128764Click image for larger version

Name:	03-PastedLights.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	1128765Click image for larger version

Name:	04-TimeRenders.JPG
Views:	394
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	1128766

Carlos Alvarez Velazquez

Tutorials about VRay for Maya:
          https://youtube.com/CarlosAlvarezVelazquez

Comment

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the reply, but in next for a similar noise the render more than twice as fast. I understand the portion on optimization, but i never had problems with vray render times, but for the first time i am seing render times that i cant deal with. About the lights this setup is working with so many light because this scene is much more complex this is just a sample of the shot as i cant share everything.

I am still doing a bunch of test and i am facing the same problems. I found out that this is mainly coming from light cache. It looks like light cache is more slower to compute in that version. Anyone has tip on what might be happening?

Maybe i am doing something wrong on my end, but i dont know what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by gustavo_ribeiro View Post
              The final scene is quite huge! So i will send a section of the scene.

Just for this simple scene i am getting 3 minutes for each render.

https://we.tl/t-HQQOQPWhW5

By the way i rendered again with same settings in vray next and my render was half of the time 1:30
              Sorry for the delayed answer. Could you re-upload the scene, since the link has expired?
              Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
              X