Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Projection Issue

Hello,

I can't seem to get my camera projection working properly. I've narrowed it down to one setting on my camera that seems to be breaking it, however I need this particular setting. I noticed when my 'Fit Resolution Gate' is set to 'Fill' in my camera attributes, the projection
    is not correct, but if I put it to 'Horizontal' it projects as you would expect. However, I can't set it to 'Horizontal' because it changes the field of view and everything.

I'm using Maya's Projection utility node, with 'Proj Type' set to 'Perspective', 'Fit Type' set to 'Match Camera Resolution', and 'Fit Fill' set to 'Fill'. Obviously I have the 'Link to Camera' setting pointing to the camera I'm rendering through.

This setup works in both Arnold and Redshift, so I'm a bit confused how it's not working in VRay.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Thank you!
    -Patrick

What result are you getting? Could you strip down and attach the scene here so we can take a look? Also, which V-Ray and Maya versions do you have installed?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello again,

So it seems to be working now, I have no idea what was going on before. Sorry I can't replicate it, though at least it's working!

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Best,
      Patrick

Comment

Working...
      X