How to add HDRI in Vray Domelight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add HDRI in Vray Domelight?

Hi, how do I go about adding an HDRI to Vray Domelight? I tried looking it up, but couldn't find it in the documentation. Am I suppose to use the Dome Tex field? If so, what node should I select? I didn't find anything related to HDRI.

In the Vray domelight shape, under texture, tick the "Use Dome Tex" tickbox and then plug the hdri texture in the "dome Tex" slot.
    www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

So, I think figured it out and wanted to post it just in case someone else needs it.
      Select VrayLightDome --> Texture --> Select "Use Dome Tex" --> Click on the checker board icon to the right of Dome Tex --> Create Render Node Window pops up - Select the basic Maya "File" Node --> In the newly created "File" node, link the desired HDRI in the "Image Name" field.

P.S. - Feel free to correct me if I did something wrong.
      Last edited by kunal_gupta; 08-02-2022, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by waaazoo View Post
        In the Vray domelight shape, under texture, tick the "Use Dome Tex" tickbox and then plug the hdri texture in the "dome Tex" slot.
        Lol, I was typing out my result when you replied. I appreciate your insight, btw, my method is correct, right? I used a "File Node", not sure if it's better to use a specific Vray node?
        Last edited by kunal_gupta; 08-02-2022, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X