Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xgen "Hair Attribute" not visible in xGen Desc Shape Node "add Attribute" menu.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xgen "Hair Attribute" not visible in xGen Desc Shape Node "add Attribute" menu.

Was attempting to use xGen with Vray on an odd job today.

Usually I use Ornatrix or Yeti.. .but... might have to settle on XGen for this project.

Anyways.. I was able to get the hair and shader to render in Vray in a pretty straightforward manner.

Where I hit a snag was that the hair wasn't subdivided. Ok, so usually this is a Vray attribute needed to be applied to one of the shape nodes.

Sure enough... info was here...

https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAYA...nes+Attributes

Only thing is... that I do not see the Vray "Hair Geometry" attribute when I try to add it in any of the lists.

I think I am selecting the right Xgen shape node...

but do not see any Hair Geometry attribute in the list to add once I have it selected.

Or maybe I should just add a regular Vray SubD/Control attrs to the xGen subD patch node?
    ------
    KC

That attribute is available when using the "Interactive Groom Editor" and is located in the "xgmSplineDescription" node. The attribute's options are available in a separate VRay Settings rollout in the XGen editor as well (under the Preview/Output tab). Check additional information here.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ah hah, that was it. Thank you
      ------
      KC

Comment

Working...
      X