Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay Framebuffer != EXR input in AE ... for the life of it how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Framebuffer != EXR input in AE ... for the life of it how?

Could someone for the life of it please tell me how to write out an EXR sequence from Vray/Maya that loads into AE (or Chaos Player for that matter) and looks identical? Please, I am going nuts here. TIFs go through as expected, JPGs do, PNGs do. EXRs look totally different - what am I doing wrong here?

Probably your colour prefs in AE need to change. using ACES or LUT's? These need to match in AE, 8bit - 32bit? ect

Comment

I don't think it is that, stezza, as Chaos Player also shows the EXR sequences 'off'. I has to be something on the maya side of things I guess. Somewhere we seem to bake something into the exr... If we open the rendered EXRs up back in the framebuffer everything is peachy.

Comment

BTW - is there a way to batch process exrs through the VFB2? Just in case shit hits the fan here and we run out of time...

Comment

Could you share some screencaps of the differences?

Originally posted by wizzackr View Post
          BTW - is there a way to batch process exrs through the VFB2? Just in case shit hits the fan here and we run out of time...
          Currently, only .vrimgs are supported. We'll improve this soon enough.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X