Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Object Scattering - A need for a vRay/Chaos instancer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds wonderful! Thanks Chukie for the link! Hope that v6 beta for Maya is right around the corner!

Comment

V-Ray 6 Beta, Chaos Scatter | InDepth Tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJZMowVX5AA

Comment

All we need for most of our scenes! Great! I hope that Chaos Scatter will be part of the Maya edition. Anyone knows? And any schedule for Maya?

Comment

I guess Vray 6's scattering tool will make things right. much more intuitive and easy to work with. Obviously I haven't tried it yet, but there seems to be a BIG performance increase as well.

Comment

leehenshall you may want to chime in on the vray6 beta forum and plead your case for inclusion of chaos scatter node

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...atter-for-maya

Comment

Been away from vRay for a little while....Apologies. Missed all of this....

vRay 6 looks amazing...the clouds are a real killer feature....but I was completely shocked when I saw the Maya beta didn't include scatter. That just doesn't make sense...

Surely once something is developed and working for Max and vRay Standalone then it can be easily exposed to all Dcc plugins?

Saying we've made this nice turn key feature for Max (which already has killer scattering tools which work with vRay) but you guys have Mash and Bi-Frost so you won't be interested is kinda dumb...
              Director & 3D Artist at Focal CGI

Comment

Absolutely right Leehenshall

Surly Max has a distribution system or 3rd party plugin for this as well, It doesn't make sense to leave it out of Maya.
                I for one would use it and would prefer to use the new VRay scatter feature. Been waiting 20 years for this!

Comment

No scatter?…. No upgrade.
                  https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

Originally posted by damaggio View Post
                    No scatter?…. No upgrade.
                    Yeah same feeling here. While I like the improvements in sky system. It seems quite soft and not up to the render size I need to output. Great for arch viz and animation perhaps but not 12 to 16k stills renders that are closely scrutinized Energy conservation seems interesting albeit I'm not sure why this has been missed the last 10 years," so the physically based renderer was not quite physically based afterall"

Seems quite a lot of wedge to upgrade for not very much. I'll stick to my perpetual license for now. Hopefully chaos will have a change of tune.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew999 View Post

Yeah same feeling here. While I like the improvements in sky system. It seems quite soft and not up to the render size I need to output. Great for arch viz and animation perhaps but not 12 to 16k stills renders that are closely scrutinized Energy conservation seems interesting albeit I'm not sure why this has been missed the last 10 years," so the physically based renderer was not quite physically based afterall"

Seems quite a lot of wedge to upgrade for not very much. I'll stick to my perpetual license for now. Hopefully chaos will have a change of tune.
                      Could you give some examples and close ups of this softness in the clouds? And how do you solve this issue at the moment?
                      V-Ray for Maya dev team lead

Comment

to save me copy pasting images from the max beta forum, go take a look. I dont use CG clouds,photographic backplate or HDRI

Comment

I just wanted to add that while VrayScatter from iCube works great, we still did not receive any updates for either Maya 2023 or VRay 6. With externally developed plugins there is always the lingering fear of the plugin no longer being supported.
                          This poses a massive problem if you have clients demanding updates to older/ongoing projects as you simply have to keep old versions of Maya/Vray running on at least some machines. Really not ideal...
                          Bifrost is simply too cumbersome in its current state, so I guess I will have to join the wait list for chaos to support chaos scatter on Maya as well...

Comment

Originally posted by k_18 View Post
                            I just wanted to add that while VrayScatter from iCube works great, we still did not receive any updates for either Maya 2023 or VRay 6. With externally developed plugins there is always the lingering fear of the plugin no longer being supported.
                            This poses a massive problem if you have clients demanding updates to older/ongoing projects as you simply have to keep old versions of Maya/Vray running on at least some machines. Really not ideal...
                            Bifrost is simply too cumbersome in its current state, so I guess I will have to join the wait list for chaos to support chaos scatter on Maya as well...
                            Hey we are in the same boat. VRayScatter is honestly a fantastic plugin and has served us well, but our last inquiries about Maya2023/VRay6 updates were met with silence. This is the risk you take with plugins developed by small teams, so internally I have kind of written them off already. We will look at Bifrost, but Chaos Scatter would sure be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by TheScope View Post

While Bifrost is great, it really sucks that you can not scatter groups e.g. a tree with separate trunk, twigs, and leaves.

You can do that. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are asking here. Same if you have groups you can shade them separately. Obviously, all these workflows work with Arnold. But through USD you can have object assignment, "groups", face assignment, etc The issue is that Vray doesn't support everything on Bifrost that is what I would love to see a push in Hydra or USD procedural for Maya/Bifrost in this aspect

Comment

We also would upgrade to 2023 + VRay 6 if the Chaos Scatter would be available for Maya. For now we need to stay with 2022 + VRay 5 to be able to render our current VRayScatter scenes.

Comment

Working...
                                X