Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay fur flat strand not available

Hi there,
    I'm looking for a way to only have flat strand and not round strand as the default fur parameter.
    Create grass with round strand shape looks awkward.
    Thanks

Hey, Taiko,

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, you will need to switch if possible to VRay Next in order to achieve this. You can handle this with Hair material but the latter was deprecated in V-Ray 5.

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Boyan,

it's a shame we cannot have this option which can reduce the amont of polygon in a huge scene.

One more question about the fur, is it plan to have the possibility to automatically hide a fur when the base mesh is hidden, too ? We have many issue when we want to do this inside a rig.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Taiko,

I think you can group base mesh and fur, and next, disable visibility to the group locator. You could rig the visibility of base mesh and fur with V-Ray Object properties as well. I think you can handle this with other methods as well.

Cheers,
        Last edited by boyan; 13-06-2022, 07:48 AM.
        Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
        E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Boyan,

yes, you're right. It creates as many group as we have many fur system.
          We finally link in the density a condition texture with a black texture and a white texture which respectively hide and show the fur driven by the mesh visibility. It works with lenght and thickness, too.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
          X