vray object properties for v-ray proxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray object properties for v-ray proxy

I'm loading an alembic file through a v-ray proxy and would like to add some vray object properties to one of the objects in my alembic tree. I can see that i can do material and visibility overwrites but I would like to get the cast shadows, primary visibility, etc options that exist on the vray object property group. I have gotten part way by using a material wrapper but it does not have the options I'm actually looking for.

Short of maintaining two proxy objects and putting one of them into the object properties, what is the intended workflow for what must be a common need ?

Hm, you're right, it does sound like something that should be present. I'll talk to the project managers about it. Not sure if it's of any use, but I found a way to simulate the "Cast Shadows" option of an object in the alembic hierarchy through a shader override, which also has a V-Ray material override for its Shadows (the shadow override should be a black opacity shader).
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

You can add a material override to an object in the proxy and place a MtlRenderStats in it (then place the actual material in MtlRenderStats).
      This will allow you to control camera/shadow/reflection/refraction and GI visibility for the proxy sub-object.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X