Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LPE Full Diffuse and Full Reflection +Specular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPE Full Diffuse and Full Reflection +Specular?

Hey,

I am trying to create two specific LPE. not sure if someone could help me

1) Diffuse - >>>>direct Lighting + GI
    2) Reflection + Specular

Thanks in advance

Here you go:
    1. Direct Lighting + GI
    Code:
    C<RD>((.+L)|(.*(O|B))|L)
    2. Reflection + Specular
    Code:
    C<R[GS]>((.+L)|(L)|.*[OB])
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

many many thanks Aleksandar!

Comment

Hey Aleksandar,
        The one in the top did work, but not the second for reflection.
        I am testing a result through glass (with refraction affect channels (all channels ON)
        The default Light Selection Options
        Direct Diffuse
        Indirect Diffuse
        Direct Specular
        Indirect Specular
        does work very well, I can see through the glass.
        I would like some how combine
        Direct Diffuse + Indirect Diffuse

Direct Specular + Indirect Specular

Therefore instead I get 4 Light Select per light(or group of lights).
        I would have only 2 Light select. So exr size and the nuke comp would become smaller.

Attached Files

Comment

Try these:
          1. Direct Diffuse + Indirect Diffuse
          Code:
          CT+<RD>((.+L)|(.*(O|B))|L)
          2. Direct Specular + Indirect Specular
          Code:
          CT+<R[GS]>((.+L)|(L)|.*[OB])
          These should give the respective components only through refractive objects.​

To get both regular plus through refraction:
          Code:
          CT*<RD>((.+L)|(.*(O|B))|L)

Code:
          CT*<R[GS]>((.+L)|(L)|.*[OB])
          EDIT: SImplified.
          Last edited by hermit.crab; 13-02-2023, 10:41 AM.

Comment

NIceeee!
            Thanks Aleksandar I will check here! Very helpful! Thanks

Comment

just tested here!
              Working very very well!!!! THANKSSS

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
                To get both regular plus through refraction:
                Code:
                CT*<RD>((.+L)|(.*(O|B))|L)

Code:
                CT*<R[GS]>((.+L)|(L)|.*[OB])
                EDIT: SImplified.
                Hey Aleksandar

I've finally gotten around to giving the LPEs a try, they seem quite powerful! I do have a question though, I'm not quite sure how to get the result that I'm looking for. I think what you have posted here should give me my desired results, it's close, but not identical to the beauty.

Basically, I’m wanting to have two light selects for a single light. One that that gives the same result a turning off “Affect Diffuse" on the light, and the other that gives the same result as turning off only “Affect Specular” and “Affect Reflections" on a light. Such that when I combine the two rendered light selects back together in Nuke, it’s identical as that same light with everything turned back on (everything combined would match the RGB).

It seems to not work very well with the ALSurface material and a few others. When I combine the two light selects, the result is significantly darker on ALSurface material, and in some other materials I'm getting some minor differences in the highlights (V-ray Hair), or sometimes highlights reflected or refracted through another standard v-ray material. Is this possibly a bug in the LPE? Unfortunately I'm not on V-Ray 6 at the moment, I'm on 5.20.3. Do you know if this works with these other materials in newer builds?

The current way I'm working (which seems to work perfectly for every material type) is by using two separate lights each with their own “Full” light select, turning off diffuse on one light and turning off spec & reflect on the other light, they combine back perfectly. They work perfectly for both reflections, refractions, and every material type that I’ve tried. But I would love to find a way with LPEs to do this with just a single light, and two light selects, that way I’m only messing with 1 light per position, and not juggling two lights for every light. I thought maybe what you had posted here might work (sounds like it would?) but it doesn't seem to be working for me.​

Thanks!
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                  It seems to not work very well with the ALSurface material and a few others. When I combine the two light selects, the result is significantly darker on ALSurface material, and in some other materials I'm getting some minor differences in the highlights (V-ray Hair), or sometimes highlights reflected or refracted through another standard v-ray material. Is this possibly a bug in the LPE?
                  Have you tried the LPEs from the first post?

Here you go:
                  1. Direct Lighting + GI
                  C<RD>((.+L)|(.*(O|B))|L)

2. Reflection + Specular
                  C<R[GS]>((.+L)|(L)|.*[OB])

The ones you quoted were meant for objects seen through refraction. The darker result may be due to the transmission event, which affects SSS, too. I tried the setup (one light, two LPEs) on a simple scene with VRayALSurfaceMtl and it seems to comp correctly.

Comment

Have you tried the LPEs from the first post?

The ones you quoted were meant for objects seen through refraction. The darker result may be due to the transmission event, which affects SSS, too. I tried the setup (one light, two LPEs) on a simple scene with VRayALSurfaceMtl and it seems to comp correctly.
                    I would like something works for everything, reflections and refractions. The one you have posted there doesn't work through refraction :-\
                    Last edited by Buck; 04-08-2023, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I would like something works for everything, reflections and refractions. The one you have posted there doesn't work through refraction :-\
                      Okay, I figured out what was missing - the SSS itself. Another event must be added so that it works for ALSurface, etc. (basically, it becomes Direct Lighting + GI + SSS):
                      Code:
                      CT*((<TD>)|(<RD>))((.+L)|(.*(O|B))|L)

Comment

Okay, I figured out what was missing - the SSS itself. Another event must be added so that it works for ALSurface, etc. (basically, it becomes Direct Lighting + GI + SSS):
                        Code:
                        I'll give that a try, thanks!

Comment

Code:
                          I gave this a try, and I think this works for the lighting pass, for the spec/reflect pass though I think I'm still having some trouble. (or maybe a combination of both aren't quite right?)

Mind if I send a simple test scene and a nuke script to you? I'd love to nail this down
                          Last edited by Buck; 16-08-2023, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I gave this a try, and I think this works for the lighting pass, for the spec/reflect pass though I think I'm still having some trouble. (or maybe a combination of both aren't quite right?)

Mind if I send a simple test scene and a nuke script to you? I'd love to nail this down
                            Please, do.
                            From what I tested, the Specular/Reflection pass should be correct either way.

Comment

Please, do.
                              From what I tested, the Specular/Reflection pass should be correct either way.
                              I've sent you a PM with a test file Looking at this again, it appears that the hair material is the only one not working.

Comment

Working...
                              X