Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to render a large background object behind V-Ray sun, sky and, clouds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to render a large background object behind V-Ray sun, sky and, clouds?

I'm trying to render a sci-fi scene that utilizes a cutout of a large ring for the background, but it doesn't make visual sense for the clouds to be behind such a large object. This is meant to be on a ringworld from the Halo series.

Here is a screenshot of my render. https://i.imgur.com/sjsZWHo.png

I can't seem to find anything accurate on Google, but is there a way to render the background ring behind the clouds?
    I've tried rendering clouds on a sphere encompassing the entire environment, but they don't look nearly as good as the ones from the V-Ray sun attributes, and they block the reflective highlights from the sun on the character's glass visor.
    If possible, I would prefer to render them all in one image, but if not, I would be fine rendering the sky as a render pass of some kind. Though I haven't used render passes or layers in many many years, not since Maya 2012 or 2014.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think you can do this with VRaySun Clouds at this point (a mask for the cloud is required). I think a manual PS masking will be easier if you render the Background separately.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X