nParticles / instanced geometry and motion blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nParticles / instanced geometry and motion blur

Hi, a quick question with regards to motion blur on instanced nParticles: On a very basic scene we set up an omni emitter, a custom attribute to pick IDs and an instancer with 5 pieces of geometry piped into it.
    When trying to render we noticed that there seems to be no motion blur on the instances when run on the cached particle system. If we do substep calculation we seem to get motion blur, but have to do a LOT of them to really clean it up, as you do see the stepping in the trail. Now, this seems to indicate that there is no velocity passed on to VRay and no interpolation seems to be happening - something that further seems to get corroborated as the velocity pass does not hold any useful information. While doing it with a lot of subsets seems like a workaround for now, it is pretty annoying as forcing subset evaluations drastically alters the look of the simulation.
    Could someone help me and point me into the direction on how to solve this? Seems to be a user error to me but I cannot put my finger on what I am doing wrong here. Debugging I found that Arnold seems to render the scene fine, so I guess that velocity information has to be available.
    Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers,
    J

Anyone? Cannot find a way to render moBlur on cached nParticles without the frame interpolation hack and that makes setting the dynamic system up super cumbersome...

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. Please check this thread.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X