Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay for Maya 2024?

Any news on release date?

Most likely it will hit the nightlies before an official release.

https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/me...e_6.0/20230331

Comment

Spotted it today in the Nightlies...

Comment

Oh really!!? I just looked and I didn't see anything in the release notes about a 2024 update. Is it working for 2024?

Comment

You need access to the Latest Builds folder, not the stable builds

Comment

could you send me the link? I'm only seeing phoenix for maya but even that is still only up to maya 23. and I'm looking in the latest builds.

Comment

Access is granted through admin only send chaos an email

Comment

Can we get a version in the stable builds, please? Thanks

Comment

Can anyone who has been using Maya 2024 attest to its stability? I usually wait for a hotfix...
                  Website
                  https://mangobeard.com/
                  Behance
                  https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Can you guys please support Maya USD 0.23 for Maya 2024 since there are no downloads for 0.22 or 0.21. Thanks.

Comment

We're adding 0.23 support in update 1 and for Maya 2024 too (native support on mac M1 chips too).
                      We're closing in on the release, you can basically download a stable 6.1 build (should be available to all users) and it will be roughly equal to the upcoming release.
                      https://nightlies.chaos.com/#/merlin/stable/stable_6.1
                      Alex Yolov
                      Product Manager
                      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                      www.chaos.com

Comment

Will V-Ray 5 support be added to Maya 2024? We have other tools which require 2024, but I have a V-Ray 5 Perpetual license so can't currently use that without running multiple Maya installations =/

Comment

Unfortunately, 2024 support is only available with V-Ray 6. Our policy is the current Maya version plus 3 versions back on the V-Ray version in development.
                          Can you tell me what you mean by "running multiple Maya installations"? You can have different Maya versions side by side, that shouldn't be a problem.
                          Alex Yolov
                          Product Manager
                          www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi yolov. Could you please provide an estimated release timeframe for V-Ray 5 for Maya in 2024?
                            Last edited by dmitriy_vilyaykin; 06-09-2023, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitriy_vilyaykin View Post
                              Hi yolov. Could you please provide an estimated release timeframe for V-Ray 5 for Maya in 2024?
                              Hi there,
                              We don't plan to compile V-Ray 5 for Maya 2024. Maya 2024 support is for V-Ray 6 only.
                              We support the latest Maya version + 3 version back -- all in the V-Ray version currently in development (which at the moment is V-Ray 6).
                              Maya 2024 introduced some new requirements (targets new Linux distro, new chip architecture for macOS) that took us some time to get right in V-Ray 6 and that would be very effort-intensive to re-do for V-Ray 5.

Are you locked to using V-Ray 5 and can't move to another version?
                              Alex Yolov
                              Product Manager
                              www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X