The new v2 vrscene export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new v2 vrscene export

Can anyone tell me which version of Vray installer had the first usage of the v2 vrscene for cloud rendering.

Many thanks

Still having an issue with the new v2 vrscene export. VRay 6.1 Maya 2024. VRay 6 works fine v1 vrscene.

The .files that gets created in the appdata/local/Temp folder lists every single file on the P://drive.
    Even files in the recycling bin?

"originalPath": "P:\\$RECYCLE.BIN\\S-1-5-21-3446577216-786014064-1222295843-1003\\$I7RL6AO.ai",
    "actualPath": "P:\\$RECYCLE.BIN\\S-1-5-21-3446577216-786014064-1222295843-1003\\$I7RL6AO.ai",
    "sha256": "3b2cb6ee21e81354c0a43b40d47d7a3b1f1a6a73a326b 089e 80704dde5b22482",
    "md5": "b52f47d3bcd60f9630722f419c7e8fbd"

Anyone know why? What can cause the export script to list every single file and not just the 4 texture files that are actually in the scene?

Company wont allow support to have remote desktop

Comment

You asked in the Chaos Cloud forum?
      You are just using this for Chaos Cloud rendering right? Because they said this v2 vrscene format is just to be used for cloud and not local standalone rendering. We haven't used it yet

Comment

Yes only for cloud submit, it's automated process, but the new vrscene export saves a file listing connected asset file paths. Just that when I do it it saves out every single file in the project drive some 100GB and wants to upload everything.

Comment

Hello,

Do you happen to have an OCIO config used in the scene and is the config file located in the root of the drive ?

Best regards,
          Yavor
          Yavor Rubenov
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hi Yavor, yes you are correct I do have the ocio file on root drive location!

Comment

Aha - as a workaround - can you move it to some folder together with all the OCIO files. That way cloud upload won't try to upload everything from the drive.
              Yavor Rubenov

Comment

So just to be clear, put the OCIO file in a folder that sits on the project drive?
                or move the OCIO file to a folder in a different location say user/documents?

Comment

Whichever is more convenient for you - it just needs to be in some folder and not in the root of a drive.
                  Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Yavor, you are beautiful. I have had this issue since 6.1 and that fixed it for me. I cant believe that was the issue, I have spent days trying to fix this, and now I can sleep at night.

Awesome!!!!

Thank you.

Comment

Welcome and sorry for the inconvenience. We'll try to fix it in the future so that it doesn't matter where your OCIO config is.
                      Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Working...
                      X