Refraction and opacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refraction and opacity

Hi folks, I need some help to solve an issue for a few animated objects.
    I have a glass bottle with some coloured refraction and some coloured liquid inside (thanks Pheonix) but I need the bottle to fade out towards the bottom of the bottle. Easy to do in comp with opacity mask but how about on an animated bottle with slight movement?
    Thanks for any help

Maybe a blend material with a mask controlled via distance tex?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Haven't used distance text before so will look into it, thanks.

Comment

Basically, the setup should look like so - your glass shader in the first blend slot and an empty (black opacity shader) in the second. You control the blend through a Ramp driven by the VRayDistanceTex (you plug the R channel in the Ramp's U or V and choose a U/V ramp accordingly). Add a reference object for the VRayDistanceTex, place it at the bottom of the bottle, link it, and render.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

You could try with a ramp plugged to the Opacity Map. It will require you to animate the ramp entries (that is the color entries), if an animated along the bottle opacity map is what you are after.

Of course this will also require the bottle to be properly UV mapped.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaTheBerserk View Post
            You could try with a ramp plugged to the Opacity Map. It will require you to animate the ramp entries (that is the color entries), if an animated along the bottle opacity map is what you are after.

Of course this will also require the bottle to be properly UV mapped.
            This was the way i did it, it was simple enough to fade the bottle out using an opacity ramp. I thought it was going to be of a challenge than that, phew!

Comment

Working...
            X