Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• execute Script at render time

Hi there,

actually i work on a .py script that will load the next file of an .obj sequence according to the actual frame.

That works fine in Maya Viewport, but i don't get it to work while batch rendering with vray.

I use a mel command in the render settings, common tab, Post Render Frame MEL

Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	113
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1184068
    Is there someone who can tell my why or whats a better way...?

Thank you a lot!

Post Rende Frame MEL should work with batch rendering. However, it seems unnecessary. Why don't you convert the .objs to .vrmeshes via the Ply2vrmesh tool and load the sequence in a VRayProxy?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi,
      using Post render frame MEL gives vray returns "path to a reference is changed, its's safer to abort rendering" (just the words i remeber, not the exact message).

But anyway, the workflow with ply2vrmesh should also work.

Maybe you have a fundamentally better idea...:

My goal is to render a water simulation.
      I want to use an external program to simulate that gives me .bgeo or .vtk as output. Included are the coordinates of each particle.

Is there a way to render this without the meshing intermediate step?​ I found already the VrayMetaball, but its really slow to render
      Last edited by t_b; 22-06-2023, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by t_b View Post
        My goal is to render a water simulation.I want to use an external program to simulate that gives me .bgeo or .vtk as output. Included are the coordinates of each particle.

Is there a way to render this without the meshing intermediate step?​ I found already the VrayMetaball, but its really slow to render
        Not that I know of.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X