Maya MASH trails smoothness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya MASH trails smoothness

Hi folks, not sure if this is a Maya thing but I cant seem to smooth out my MASH trails.
    I have tried rendering viewport subdivision on and applied a subdivision attribute but I cant render my trails as smooth.

Rendering with viewport smoothing seems to get ignored.

Upping the trails curve sample only increases it around the trail not along it.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Viewport subdivs and adding the OpenSubdiv attr. both worked for me in a super simple test using Maya 2020 and Vray 5. I've attached the scene if you want to see if that works for you. I've seen things just occasionally not work like this in the past. Have you tried importing your scene into a new one? Different camera?
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you have a profile curve on your trails so here's the same scene with one applied, also working.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ah try this scene its to do with the motion path curve, but even increasing the spans has no effect.
        Your scene worked fine here as well it must have to do with the nurbs path
        Attached Files

Comment

Adding the openSubD attribute to the trails seems to work.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ah thanks dude I was just adding a subdivision attribute and not the openSubdiv.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X