UVW randomiser mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVW randomiser mode

What do people set their mode to on uvw randomiser when stochastic tiling is enabled. Im getting stitched up to many times leaving it at default as it seems to change the seed when i save a new scene out. I have previously gotten around this by setting the mode to object id and manually assigning ids to all geom. Object name does not seem to do what it is suppossed to do, As my object name does not change between scene saves but the seed seems too

Is this exspected behavour?

im runnning maya 2022 and vray V-Ray 5 for Maya, update 2.2

(v5.20.02, revision 31285 from Mar 1 2022)

thanks

matt

Just making a test scene to illustrate the purpose. FYI my all my objects are referanced in to the render scene, When i evolve the referance scene and update the render scene this is when it chages the seed even though my node name is consistance i both referance scenes

Let me know where i can upload a sample scene please

thanks

Comment

If it's small enough, you can upload it here directly. Otherwise you can attach it when opening a ticket here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

thanks yolov

i have made a ticket

In making the test scene for you i think i have worked out a solution. But i wonder if this is a bug anyway as its direct oposite to what the manual states the mode 'object name' should do.

I often come across this, when using uvw randomiser, with stochastic tiling and leaving the mode on object name. If i make changed to the referance seen and re save it out the seed chaged for the tile making the pattern change. Even though my object name has not changed. In setting up a test scene for you. I have discovered a work around. It i set all the UVW randomiser nodes to object id but do not set any ids to geom, all geom seems to revert to object if 0 and it fixes the issue.

You can see my issue with the attached scene. If you load up renderscene.mb and open referance editor and change the referance from folder A to folder B ( just edit the string to location of file) you can see the seed of the tiling change on the back wall ( i have saved out both renders referance A.png and referance B .png in the render folder of attached sample file). In both these referacne scenes the name of the object has not changed.

Now if you open each referance scenes and change the uvw mode to object id only unticking object name

save them both out, you will now see that flicking between each referance scene does not effect the seed on the uvw randomiser.

thanks

matt

Last edited by matthew999; 14-07-2023, 02:43 AM.

Comment

We have reproduced the bug and logged (VMAYA-12309​) in our system for further investigation. The issue is caused by the grouping/parenting of the referenced wall object, which seems to alter the randomization. We will inform you when we have more information on the case.
          Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X