Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particles in reflections

Hi folks.
    Never really used particles with vray before so dont know if this is possible or what the correct way of doing this should be.

I have a basic emitter with vray PP particle attribute attached so that they render, but how do you get the particles to appear in reflections?

I tried exporting as alembic but no good.
    Thanks for any tips.

You would need to turn on "Visible in Reflections" and "Visible in Refractions" in the Render Stats tab. To access it, simply switch the Particle Render Type to i.e. Blobby Surface and afterward return to whichever render type you wish.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the tip I would never have realised that. Im getting there but the reflection is not quite right but thats probably a limitation.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	sparkles.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	1190522
      Last edited by stezza; 13-09-2023, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stezza View Post
        Thanks for the tip I would never have realised that. Im getting there but the reflection is not quite right but thats probably a limitation.
        Click image for larger version Name:	sparkles.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	1190522
        Seems to me that there are Lens effects, which are not seen in the Reflection (values lower than the threshold).
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X