Mapping FastSSS2 Scatter Radius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping FastSSS2 Scatter Radius

I have a model with wildly different levels of translucency, some of it needs to be pretty thick/relatively opaque so that interior elements don't show through, but in other areas, I'd like the shader to be as close to transparent as possible - Then I can remap the values as needed to dial it in.

In an effort to get clinical, I'd like to add 1, then multiply the 0-1 range of a bitmap in the scatter radius attribute of the Vray Fast SSS2 shader. Maybe there is a better way to do this, but I am having a hard time verifying the numbers being piped in. At first, I thought I might pipe the value into Self-Illumination and sample the RGB values, but come to find that Self Illum is clamped at 1.

I tried an unclamped color AOV but this doesn't do it either.

Is there an way to check the values piping into the Scatter Radius attribute? It would be great if I could know how many centimeters the scattering is on certain parts of the mesh, based on the bitmap I've painted, rather than guessing by eye.

Using VRayMtl's Self Illumination or VRayLightMtl to check the values should work. There shouldn't be any clamping unless the map's color is remapped or you're Color Mapping settings are set to i.e. Exponential.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ah. Thanks for that. Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X