Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenic Ocean texture

OK folks.
    I have tried to get the Phoenic Ocean texture to work but somethings not right.
    Im getting the error
    // Error: V-Ray : ERROR: Could not create plugin PhoenixFDOceanTex !

Attached is a simple scene with texture plugged into displacement mat slot.

Thanks for any help
    Attached Files

Hi, thanks for posting. Your scene did not put out an error on my test, I am using Maya 2024.2 with V-Ray 6.10.01 and this Phoenix. The ocean displacement does not work with your setup though. If I load the PhoenixOceanTex that you have in your scene in a VRayDisplacementMod it works.
    This is mentioned in the documentation here.
    • Any non-Phoenix mesh can be displaced with ocean waves at render time using V-Ray Displacement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maya_2023-11-20_13-53-26.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1195419

Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir thanks for getting back I have tried plugging the tex into the displacement Mod but still get the error // Error: V-Ray : ERROR: Could not create plugin PhoenixFDOceanTex !
      Any chance you could share your simple setup scene?

I was using Maya 2024.2
      v6.10.30, revision 32328 from Nov 8 2023)
      Phoenix 5.20.01

Comment

OK dont worry Vlad I have rolled back the nightly Phoenix to latest release and is now working.

Comment

Hi, great news. Also we discussed the possibilities of displacing a mesh using PhoenixOceanTex and no VRayDisplacementMod and this is possible in Maya. In your setup the way it is you have to apply Displacement control attribute and switch your Displacement type from normal to vector.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	chrome_2023-11-20_15-03-54.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.4 KB ID:	1195427

You could also increase the Wind Speed parameter of the PhoenixOceanTex for bigger waves.
          Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 20-11-2023, 06:07 AM.
          Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X