Vray for max/maya and dongles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for max/maya and dongles.

I've been thinking of picking up vray for maya. Is it at all possible to get both my max license and a maya license on the same dongle?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Yep, they can be on the same dongle. You will need to use the license server from V-Ray for Maya; it is able to serve licenses for V-Ray for 3ds Max and V-Ray RT too.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

nice! i was afraid it wasn't going to be possible. would it involve sending my dongle to my reseller? or can it just be reprogrammed with a new dongle for both licenses?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

There is no need to send the dongle anywhere; your existing dongle can be reprogrammed remotely to contain the extra licenses. The procedure is described in more detail in the V-Ray for Maya installation guide here: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya...rayformaya.pdf

(see the section on reprogramming a dongle).

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X