Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions

First of all many compliments to Chaos Group
    Finally we will see more Vray 3d effects in many Hollywood movies.
    I'm a 3ds Max user, I would like to know if:
    1) can I use my dongle to install a Maya license?
    2) If I purchase a Mac Pro to use Maya and Vray on Osx, license can be readed via ethernet?
    3) What are the limitations between Maya built in render (mr) and Vray? Particles and paint fx are supported?
    4) Any example to show how Vray works inside Maya?
    5) Will Vray on osx support distribute render through a mix of linux,windows,mac workstations?
    6) When will be available a demo?

Thanks for your answers!

Best regards.

Originally posted by saudade View Post
    I'm a 3ds Max user, I would like to know if:
    1) can I use my dongle to install a Maya license?
    Yes, you can do that.
    2) If I purchase a Mac Pro to use Maya and Vray on Osx, license can be readed via ethernet?
    Yep.
    3) What are the limitations between Maya built in render (mr) and Vray? Particles and paint fx are supported?
    At present V-Ray does not render PaintFX (but you can convert it to polygons), fluids, or hair/fur. Also NURBS surfaces do not support motion blur. Support for these will be added in an update. Paricles (spherical only) and particle instancer work right now.
    4) Any example to show how Vray works inside Maya?
    You can check out the V-Ray for Maya online help index at http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya/150R1/
    5) Will Vray on osx support distribute render through a mix of linux,windows,mac workstations?
    Mixed DR is supported, yes.
    6) When will be available a demo?
    There is a demo version available on our site.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Yes, you can do that.
      Yep.
      At present V-Ray does not render PaintFX (but you can convert it to polygons), fluids, or hair/fur. Also NURBS surfaces do not support motion blur. Support for these will be added in an update. Paricles (spherical only) and particle instancer work right now.
      You can check out the V-Ray for Maya online help index at http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya/150R1/
      Mixed DR is supported, yes.
      There is a demo version available on our site.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X