vrlservice as service issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrlservice as service issue

So this was an issue before and it seems it is still an issue. I take my vray dongle with me everywhere so that I can use it on my laptop if needed. I register the vrlservice as a service (I do this via the install). That way vrlservice is always running and I just need to plug in my dongle to get the license. However, when I start up the computer I get an error saying that it can't find the license. I have to put in the dongle, hit ok, then remove it. Is there a way to get vrlservice to not give you a error message at start up?

It may be possible to remove the error message, but the service will not start anyways - the executable itself is coded with information from the dongle and cannot be run without it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

sorry for the hijack, but i've been having trouble reprogramming my dongle for use with vray for maya. Support seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. Vlado, do you know anything about my issues?

edit: I know its obviously after hours at the moment, but the last email I got from support, was about 3pm bulgaria time. Would have been nice to get some sort of correspondence regarding my problem before jetting for the day.
      Last edited by percydaman; 26-08-2009, 10:35 AM.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Tedi mentioned you, but she did not go into details so I don't know what was the issue; you can email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com as well if you wish.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X