physical camera lens information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• physical camera lens information

I have a camera set up in maya my film gate is set to user & I have manually put in the aperture in inches & set my lens to 45 mm to match my backplate & it works perfect. When I turn on vray physical camera it screws it all up.
    How do I avoid this happening?

Thanks

Chris

Mixing the Maya camera attributes and our own turned out to be a very hard thing to do, for this reason the physical camera will reset all the Maya camera attributes to default values and use only the FOV to control the viewport FOV in such a way that the rendered image matches the "resolution gate" in the viewport. There is no concept of separate film and resolution gates in V-Ray's physical camera.

So if you are going to use V-Ray's physical camera, it is best to do any matching using V-Ray's attribute from the start.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

but if i have been given lens data from a photographer the only way I got around it was to set up the maya camera duplicate it then set that to a vray camera & adjusting the zoom factor & distortion I seemed to get it 99% the same.

Comment

Working...
      X