Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VraylightMtl very dark in Maya Viewport, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VraylightMtl very dark in Maya Viewport, why?

I'm in the process of animating some color values in my materials, ideally I'd like to see the interactive changes in the viewport. However, it seems like you have to overcrank the VrayLightMtl by 10x to get the same brightness as a standard maya incandescent value of 1.0. Again, I'm only taking about the viewport, not the actual rendering.

I may try to work around this by some sort of global variable expression controlling the materials, scaling them up 10x... until rendertime. Is there a preference to calibrate the viewport brightness of the VrayLightMtl?

thanks!

In the official version of V-Ray for Maya, the VRayLightMtl color was used as a diffuse color in the viewport. So, it is affected by lighting in the viewport. This is fixed in the latest nightly builds, and the VRayLightMtl should look like changing the incandescence of a Maya material. I don't think there is a workaround, besides updating to a latest build.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
    X