No announcement yet.

is this available for maya or just max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this available for maya or just max?

anyone know how this was done... it was done in1.5 sp3, but is it possible in maya?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jotero_scale_100.png
Views:	2
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	869493

this looks like fog inside a clear shell.

Vlado? anyone?

thanks!

side note, using the VrayFastSSS2 settings from the 1.5 for Max Docs, I can get close, but no matter what I do... I dont get refractions.

Comment

The material is the same in 3ds Max and Maya, so you should be able to get the same result; if you can post a scene here I'll take a look at it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Please do share the material with the rest of us too if you get this working
        /Bard
        www.hellobard.com
        Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

Hey Vlado,
          I posted a scene and some example images to support. The scattering works fine, but the refractive model doesn't seem to allow refraction at all. I copied the settings straight from the Max scene, and still no transparency.
          Can wait until this is working.... amazing!!

I can send you the test scene also if you want it.

Comment

Hm, sounds like an obj import.

Maybe you should check if the object is visible in reflection/refraction.

Paul
            VFX Supervisor @ www.parasol-island.com personal website www.dryzen.com latest reel http://vimeo.com/23603917

Comment

the refracting object and the rest of the scene elements are definitely visible to secondary rays. To test I have the same object with a "glass" material with the fog set high to exaggerate the varied thickness of the object.

Comment

There was a bug in the "Raytraced (refractive)" mode. It is fixed with revision 10712. This will be in the nightly build from 20100302.

Still, the image you attached was created with the "Raytraced (solid)" mode or at least that's what the help says. You probably need a fair amount of back lighting to achieve the transparent effect in this case, but I am not sure.

Greetings,
                Vladimir Nedev
                Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

amazing! im trying it now. Thanks for the build!

Comment

Working...
                  X