Linear workflow under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linear workflow under Linux

Is there going to be a fix for Linux so you don't have to add a gamma correct node of .455 to non linear texture maps?

Also, can anyone recommend a way to keep the blacks on the dirt shader unaffected by a linear workflow?

Thanks

Ironically, for your second problem it would be best to use a gamma correct node for the blacks in the dirt shader.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Comment

If you attach the VRayDirt texture to a VRayMtl material, it will be gamma-corrected as part of the material, like everything else (which is not entirely correct, but is mostly ok).

If you use it as a separate pass, then it should not be gamma-corrected, as it is already in linear space.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You could probably disregard my comment, I don't think I was on the same page!

"keep the blacks on the dirt shader unaffected by a linear workflow"

This threw me off.
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

I thought the whole point of the linear workflow under color mapping was to actually automatically place a gamma correct on non linear texturemaps.

Comment

It does something a little different; it adds gamma correction to the color slots of the VRayMtl material, regardless of whether they have only colors, or textures. This does not affect bump maps, normal maps, or environment/background maps or maps in any other materials (e.g. the blend maps in VRayBlendMtl are also unaffected).

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

I could swear that option did nothing to the color of my color images plugged into the color slots of VrayMTL. Is this broken under the Linux version still?

My versions are as follows:

V-Ray Standalone, version 1.5.01 for x64
              V-Ray core version is 1.90.02

Thanks for the quick replies. Also, I was wondering one more thing. If camera projected textures that are texture referenced, will they still hold texture reference positions if a proxy per frame is created for the geo animation? I know texture referencing from camera projection was fixed, but I haven't tried it for proxy geometry.

Thanks!

-Scott

Comment

It's working on both Windows and Linux from what I can see; for the proxy geometry, it should work fine with camera projection, but I have to test it to be sure.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X