file paths and variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file paths and variables

Vray doesnt seem to like relative paths in maya terms(/data, /sourceimages, etc.) when it comes to lmaps. What's the best way to set the search path for cache maps generated locally to use the project as the root on a remote render farm?

if there is a [framenumber] call, can you use [project]?

thanks in advance!!

If you render through the standalone, it will consider all relative paths to be relative to the folder where the .vrscene file is located. (The standalone does not have a concept of a "project".) You can also use the VRAY_ASSETS_PATH environment variable to specify folders where to look for files.

Otherwise if you render through Maya (e.g. with render.exe) it will typically resolve the paths properly.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hello,

i'm experiencing a similar issue... i'm preparing a file locally that will be sent to a remote render service.

to test for errors, i'm rendering via command line (winXP 64, maya 2009 32bit, vray for maya 1.5).

when using relative paths to specify save locations for vrmaps (On render end -- autosave), i receive irradiance map save and open errors . if no path is given but simply a file name, the files will save to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.

i'm sure i'm doing something wrong... here's a sample command line entry and scene file (attached):

render9 -r vray -s 1 -e 10 -x 640 -y 360 -im sphrPath -cam camRndr -proj E:work\advCy\production\maya -rd images\crrdr\crrdrVray\sphrTest scenes\crrdr\vraySphrPrepass_v07.mb
      Attached Files

Comment

I don't know if this is related, but I'm having a similar problem on Macs in terms of paths. if I set a save to /projecttitle/irrmaps/ it puts the file in /projecttitle/ instead. By default, they end up in the folder _beneath_ the /projecttitle/ (so it's in in /). I reported this as a bug earlier, but it hasn't been fixed.
        /Bard
        www.hellobard.com
        Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

Working...
        X