VFB disapearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB disapearing

im having an issue with the VFB. On some files at a certain point the VFB seems to get lost somewhere on the screen and it can only be found by "maximizing" the FVB window. when I hit render I can see the window opens briefly then it seems go in hiding almost immediately. The only way I have found to restore the VFB location is to do one of 2 things.

A) save the scene as an MA and try to find the vfb window settings manually in text edit and delete them. this seems highly dangerous and I wouldnt recomend it.

B)export the scene and import it into a new scene, in which case I loose all the scene render settings as well as sometimes the problem shows up again after 1-2 renders.

so my question is there a way to restore the vfb to a default location on the screen (0,0) perhaps? im not sure if i have made my problem clear enough I can try to provide a better working example perhaps a scene file as well.

Thanks,
    Bradon

Canned response: I have encountered this, yeah it's a pain. I think it happens when switching between single and dual monitor computers, or people with different monitor position (in Windows), or with different resolutions. The VFB is open, but it's open outside the pixel bounds of the monitor.

Once you have a VFB window in your taskbar that cannot be seen:
    1. Right-click on it
    2. Select 'Move'
    3. Hit an arrow key on your arrow pad (up, down, left, or right)
    4. Now the window is stuck to your mouse, so click to place it. Rejoice!

Comment

thank you thank you thank you

Comment

Working...
      X