Maya 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya 2011

What's in this installer that makes it 100mb larger than 2010?

Any details you can share on the LightTree? Is it a new GI or something?

GatesB, Is the Vray for Maya 2011 in your adv list in the download section yet?. Where did you find this info?. Neither I can see it nor Maya 2011 is released till april.

http://news.autodesk.com/portal/site...74&newsLang=en

Comment

Originally posted by Reaversword View Post
      GatesB, Is the Vray for Maya 2011 in your adv list in the download section yet?. Where did you find this info?. Neither I can see it nor Maya 2011 is released till april.

http://news.autodesk.com/portal/site...74&newsLang=en
      Reaverswoods, it was in the nightly builds list. You can get access to the nightly builds by emailing vlado [at] chaosgroup [dot] com and requesting access to the nightly builds.

Comment

Originally posted by GatesB View Post
        What's in this installer that makes it 100mb larger than 2010?
        It contains some files from other versions of V-Ray for Maya; will fix that - thanks for the pointer!

Any details you can share on the LightTree? Is it a new GI or something?
        The light tree is a method for accelerated rendering of scenes with many (hundreds of) spot or IES lights, without reducing render quality.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You never will go to sleep without know one thing more!. Thanks for the answer GatesB.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            It contains some files from other versions of V-Ray for Maya; will fix that - thanks for the pointer!
            FYI, It's still a large file Vlado. We're getting Creation Suite 2011 when it comes out, so I'm kinda watching this closely.

Comment

27th March build is back down to normal.
              Maya 2020/2022
              Win 10x64
              Vray 5

Comment

Yes, should be much better now.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Hi Valdo,

could I get access to the nightly build to test Vray with Maya 2011.

Thanks

Yannick
                  Portfolio: http://www.cgifocus.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

Any news how Vray is working with Maya 2011? I'm going to download Maya 2011 via Autodesk Subscription Center tomorrow and it would be absolutely great if I can install Vray alongside Maya 2011.

Are there any conflicts if I keep my "production-proven" Maya 2010 with Vray and install Maya 2011 with compatible Vray? I'd love to make a move to Maya 2011 as soon as possible if Vray works fine on it.

Regards,

Comment

We will officially release a V-Ray build for Maya 2011 around the end of this month; if you need it sooner than that, please email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Thank you, Vlado, for you lightning-fast response and fine Vray product for Maya.

I'll send the email tomorrow from my office.

Regards,

Comment

I am currious why it need until end of month to release - i see nothng new in 2011 to last that long

Comment

There should be no problems having multiple versions of Maya and V-Ray for Maya installed at the same time. Our official release will be around the end of this month, but if you need it sooner than that, please email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

In regards to Maya 2011, I'm just testing it now with some vray materials and tried setting the viewport renderer to Viewport 2.0, but Vray materials just turn up as a pink shader. Is there no way to get VrayMtl's to show up in this viewport mode? It's the same for High Quality Renderer mode (though no pink shaders here.
                              /Bard
                              www.hellobard.com
                              Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

Working...
                              X